Drain Test Kit (U-Gauge)
Pipe Equipment Specialist’s Air Test Kit is a set of equipment, which is used to test drains and sewers in accordance with Building Regulations. The Test Kit, tests up to 4” water gauge.
The Air Testing Procedure:
- Seal the pipe section to be tested with appropriately sized Pipe Stoppers – supplied separately.
- Fit the appropriate Test Nipple onto one of the Pipe Stoppers.
- Connect the rubber hoses via the “Y” piece onto the test nipple, ’U’ gauge and hand bellows.
- Fill ‘U’ gauge with water up to the zero level.
- Air is now pumped into the pipeline by squeezing the hand bellows – this is done until the reading on the manometer scale is around 125-150mm.
- The pipe is then left for 5-10 minutes to allow for temperature stabilisation within the pipe.
- The pressure is now reduced to exactly 100mm.
- The manometer is now monitored for a period of 5 minutes. During this time the level of water in the manometer should not fall below 75mm.
- If the level does not fall below 75mm the Air Test is deemed a pass.